Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Arrival

I received an e-mail from Chris yesterday (Nov 25) notifying me that my dossier arrived in Sofia and he had received word that they were pleased with it and beginning the translation. After it is translated from English into Bulgarian it will be forwarded to the Ministry of Justice (MoJ). The MoJ is the regulatory body that makes the match - selects a child to go with the parent. I have been told they are behind in this process - doing better - but still behind in matching people. But they think I will be waiting 9-12 months for a referral. I am the first person to submit their dossier to Bulgaria from my agency which means there is little advice or evidence indicating what I might expect from this process. The Bulgaria program only reopened to Americans recently (Aug I think) so my agency has just started a modest pilot program before opening it up to the larger public.

1 comment:

Chris Haven said...

Hi Wynn, I found your blog as we are adopting from Bulgaria as well. Glad to see your dossier is in Bulgaria. Have you heard anything as to if you are registered yet?I was told it takes 3 weeks to translate and then a month after that to be registered with the MOJ.Curious as to who your agency is? leave us a message on our blog. What age child are you requesting and what gender?